A busy year marked by many events ... earthquake, tsunami, miners, etc ... it was a year of planting and design, various actions and projects aimed at opening up a space, using the idea of \u200b\u200brebuilding with a different spirit incorporating the cultural theme.
Pelluhue I went 2 times and Curanipe, first as a volunteer with a group of college Altamira, two weeks after the Tsunami. The second in a caravan of APECH under two cultural caravans took art, music, theater, video, literature, children's workshops, etc. organized by an emerging culture house in Pelluhue. (Which now I knew, they could not funds and had to close the house )...( next thing I knew, that two of the murals last year in the municipality of Pelluhue in Curanipe, were obliterated with white paint by order of the mayor again ...)! !!!!!!!??????¿¿¿¿¿!!!!!!!
Create cultural centers in vulnerable areas has been an initiative I've seen a lot this year, gestated mostly by locals, but is not an easy task. Hard to get the necessary support. Hard to convince the authorities of the tremendous contribution made by people of culture and the country.
a Saturday March Araucano I was invited to the park to help families who were going to paint to cheer up the victims of the earthquake, paintings that were later to visit the affected villages. Ezperanza colors called the milestone and was concocted by Corpartes. There I met Marcelo Forni, who invited the artists to a breakfast, and many were as good "wave", but we could never imagine that Marc was going to propose to present projects and make a foundation. Many left in fear, but others saw an opportunity here, a need, and we believed the story. A foundation to bring art to the city, to the social, to include the person and involving. To promote the art through all available means and create the need. We are working.
Auctions, there were many. By danmificados, by culture, by my friend Gabriela, a college ...
also marked a milestone that many things that previously were free, now they are paying the artists. It is a topic no less. The council of culture asked me 2 times to paint on site in civic spaces, and they paid me! Which I think is of utmost importance because it is a struggle that has long come from giving. In international cycling competition they asked me to paint something for a shirt, a lot of press and promotion
but zero budget for the artist. I had to say no. There is a stigma installed in society, which the artists work for free, and I have had much to meet with such discrimination. Please you do not.
Finishing the year I was invited by another foundation (CVJ) to submit a project to Tubul near Arauco. There was created a cultural center for two half-water and half, but half-water to guests. For 3 days we painted a mural with the children and mothers in a village, San Carlos, on the wall that separates it from the street. It was an experience many setbacks, but finally he could. There I saw a successful experience so far, thanks to ongoing support, concocted by people in Santiago, with ties to the community ... and a roof for Chile. A thank you to all of them. Here published pictures of this beautiful experience.
If you want to see more photos visit my album on facebook:
"a wall Tubul"
Hoping next year will see concrete many of these experiences,
greets Sebastian Garreton
0 comments:
Post a Comment