Yeah, yeah. There we were my wife and I, from 20,000 last Saturday visited the Sagrada Familia. Or at least that number of visitors was given by the organization.
Not that I did not know the Sagrada Familia. I've always been there, always new, always unfinished towers hovering above the city skyline. Even I as a child, along with another classmate, had walked the streets of our neighborhood piggy bank in hand, participating in the charity collection to raise funds with which to continue building the temple. It's been more than fifty years.
Joking aside, the cruise ship, which recently opened, opened by the Pope, is impressive. But the Sagrada Familia is a temple being built in modern times. Impossible to think (and after reading Ken Follet's books or Falcon) in the different media used in the construction of the great cathedrals during the Middle Ages and those used today. It is curious to try to compare the precarious scaffolding that was used then, with huge cranes bristle factory building at present.
Another thing that struck me is that for the first time - to me at least - I saw a picture that suggests a crucified Jesus, entirely naked, which is suspended above the altar . Would this be what motivate ICV-EUiA Barcelona City Council to request the installation of the aforementioned memorial tribute to gays and lesbians in the location proposed?
0 comments:
Post a Comment